- Israel-Gaza: Unusual pre-emptive hit by Israel pays offon August 8, 2022 at 4:44 pm
The truce brings relief to Gazans, but the lack of a peace process means this is only temporary.
- Israel-Gaza: Emergency services respond after air strike hits building in Gazaon August 6, 2022 at 3:54 pm
Emergency services take the injured to local hospitals as violence in the region flares up.
- Gaza: Emergency services arrive at flats hit by strikeon August 5, 2022 at 4:24 pm
The deadly strike killed at least eight Palestinians, including a child, says Gaza's health ministry.
- Workers in Iraq get day off as temperatures pass 50Con August 4, 2022 at 3:37 pm
A heatwave has been ongoing since mid-July with temperatures above 50C in some areas.
- Mecca: Joy as pilgrims able to touch ancient Black Stoneon August 3, 2022 at 2:43 pm
The ancient relic has been out of reach of worshippers for two years because of the pandemic.
- Ukraine war: First grain ship out of Ukraine cleared to sail to Lebanonon August 3, 2022 at 12:47 pm
Inspections are completed on the first grain ship to leave Ukraine since the war began.
- Ayman al-Zawahiri: How US strike could kill al-Qaeda leader - but not his familyon August 3, 2022 at 3:29 am
Extremely precise missile use and study of Zawahiri's habits were key to the targeted US killing.
- Iran's atomic energy chief says country could build a bomb but has no plan toon August 1, 2022 at 9:53 am
The rare claim is likely to intensify concerns over Iran's controversial nuclear programme.
- Beirut: The moment part of the port grain silos collapsed caught on cameraon July 31, 2022 at 5:47 pm
The buildings were badly damaged in the 2020 port explosion, which killed more than 200 people.
- Afghan-Iran border clash: Taliban says one killedon July 31, 2022 at 3:35 pm
The Afghan Taliban say one of their officers died as the two countries blame each other.